Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Been On My Mind, Lately

Just a few fun things that have been on my mind lately...


Yep, I'm blogging about booties. When I first saw this trend a couple of months ago, I was like, 'no and no'. But then I spied these Steve Madden zipper bootie/pumps and Nordstorm and found myself going, 'yes and yes'! Totally a departure from my normal style, but I really like these!


I popped into Sephora last week to restock my supply of DERMAdoctor products and came across this sugar and lemon fragrance by Fresh. When I first sprayed it on I thought it smelled a lot like lemon-scented kitchen cleaner but as the day wore on, I really started to like it. It's something I'd probably spray on before hitting the beach or running around town in a little floral romper.


It's been a couple of months of reminding myself next time I was in Kailua to go into Crepes No Ka Oi and I finally made it there last weekend. Now, I love crepes and I'm so happy we finally have a creperie in Hawaii! It's a couple of doors down from uber-popular Boot's and Kimo's but the thing is- no wait! The past two times I've been, there are huge lines out the door at Boot's and Kimo's and room to spare in Crepes No Ka Oi. They've got a simple but cheery dining room and even serve Illy coffee! Next time you're on the hunt for breakfast in Kailua...


I spotted this pic of Natalie Portman in Lanvin last week on People.com. To me, this is a total do for a Hawaii destination wedding. Love the bright floral print, huge flower, bubble chape and red lips. How cute would your bridesmaids be in a getup like this? Too cute.


After a weekend in Kona, I've totally got the area on my mind. One place I can't wait to check out for next time is Kona Beach House. Right on the water, I'm loving the two plantation style houses and huge lawn just begging for an intimate wedding by the sea. Put your family up in one house and the groom's family in another and voila! Instant intimate seaside wedding. And hello? Love the interiors...


And... drumroll, please... finally! A shave ice truck at a wedding! I'm so stoked! I've been waiting for the day and James Rubio is the photographer who captured it! I'm loving the look of this laidback local-style wedding. There's more to come on this one, friends...



pacific wedding guide
The guide to planning your destination wedding in the Pacific

No comments:

Post a Comment