Friday, September 25, 2009

The Pacific Wedding Guide Collection: New Additions


To say this week has been a long week would be an understatement. On Sunday I was lucky enough to be helping Pacific Aisles with a wedding in beautiful Hawi on the Big Island... and the bride was none other than avid reader Betty Lee! Congratulations again to Betty and new hubby Kent- I can honestly say, as tiring as putting a wedding together is, I never get tired of being there for such a special moment. Tear. P.S.- this isn't Betty and Kent... I'm waiting on the pics but promise to post as soon as I get them!

Ok, back on Oahu and back to work! I believe in giving you the honest low-down on all things wedding in the islands and what I can tell you is I do know Pacific Wedding Guide's Caterers. Well. Why? Because I've tasted their food before I decided 'yes, oh yes!' I must stalk them to be a part of our humble website. Ginniberries? Yum and yum. Big G? Bread pudding- amen. Downtown? Hello, I'm at sister restaurant Town all the time. So a couple of weeks ago at a Kualoa wedding...


... I got the chance to sample Memoirs Hawaii. Uh-mazing! Chef Peter (though he looks quite young) knows his way around an outdoor kitchen and cranks out amazing food right on site. There was a veggie saute station, lobster-on-the-barbie, pasta and more! His right hand gal and event manager, Heather, was onsite to make sure the whole food experience was seamless. Good food made by cool people? Check. Another amazing catering experience? Check. The fact that I get to give YOU personal recommendations for all of our caterers? Priceless.


Let's take a quick hop back to the Big Island and one of my favorite small towns in the State... Pahala! Just south of the Big Island's Volcanoes National Park, the tiny town of Pahala is a like taking a trip back in time. If you're familiar with Hanapepe on Kauai or Hawi on the Big Island, Pahala is an old sugar town too, filled with too-cute plantation houses and a super chill Old Hawaii vibe. When photographer James Rubio posted his pics of the Pahala Plantation House and Cottages I fell out of my seat. Hawaii's version of a deep-south plantation mansion, Pahala Plantation House is both venue and accommodation. Another tip: Rent out the House for your wedding and the Cottages for your friends and family. You've got volcanoes up the road and black sand beaches down the road- hello! Make a weekend of it, you won't be disappointed.

We've got a bunch of surprises in store next week, my friends! It's time to say goodbye to Summer and hello to Fall!

Have an awesome weekend,
Tara

pacific wedding guide
The guide to planning your destination wedding in the Pacific

wedding images by Pacific Wedding Guide's James Rubio

No comments:

Post a Comment