Thursday, September 24, 2009

You Should Know: Yvonne Design


Though I'm not a wedding planner, I know how much it takes to put an amazing wedding together. This past weekend was beautiful and exhausting but so worth it as I got to see another beautiful wedding unfold. As the summer wedding season wraps up, the goodies are starting to flow into my inbox- seems like everyone from photographers to florists finally have time to send along their hard-earned eye candy... and I couldn't be more thrilled! Today's eye candy comes to us courtesy of Yvonne Design, one of Hawaii's best florists...

Let's start with something that's just so my style: a wedding on the beach, coral and driftwood, mokara orchids... need I say more? Love the bench idea instead of chairs and the aisle is simple but so so swoon-worthy at the same time. (images by Apertura, event planning by Finishing Touch)


Though I'm not a 'pink + poofy dress' type, I know there are lots of you out there! And when some brides want Hawaii but don't want H-A-W-A-I-I, you can still keep your details elegant and island-inspired. Here Yvonne uses green cymbidium and white ad pink phalaenopsis orchids to give this formal outdoor wedding a little oomph. (images by Rachel Robertson Photography)


And then there are the girls that like color color COLOR! My friend Isla did a purple and green theme for her Maine wedding several years back and it seems like the combo is still in style! I must say, this is the first time I've ever seen a cake cutter 'pillow' but I'm loving this all floral version! (images by Stephen Ludwig)


But if a sand-between-your-toes kind of wedding is what you really love, then go all out with multi-colored orchids, a fragrant pikake lei for yourself and a maile lei for your beau. (images by Christie Pham, event planning by Weddings by Grace and Mona)

Thanks for sharing your busy summer, Yvonne! Check out more of Yvonne's work on her blog and head over to Pacific Wedding Guide for the inside scoop on planning your Hawaii destination wedding.

pacific wedding guide
The guide to planning your destintion wedding in the Pacific

No comments:

Post a Comment