Thursday, August 14, 2008

More Olympic Updates...

Are you loving the Olympics??? I sure am! Gymnastics update- the men's team took bronze. Pretty impressive, especially considering that this was the 1st Olympics for all of the team members, and they lost 2 of their best veterans...the Hamm brothers. The women's team struggled a bit, but still managed to grab the silver (amongst controversy that the Chinese competed with under aged girls). I am sitting here watching swimming- with my laptop..well, on my lap- just as Michael Phelps has won yet another gold metal- in the 200IM. The man is incredible! He has 26 individual world records. And he just seems so darn nice! Pete and I are talking about how we want to be in the Olympics- ya' think it might be too late?? Ha! Maybe Ethan will be one day- he is as obsessed with it right now as we are- and he is 2!! More Olympics to come...I'm lovin' it!! Did I mention that already?

And a shout out to all the Gators in the Olympics!! So far, we have athletes competing in swimming (Dara Torres, Ryan Lochte, amongst others), women's basketball, baseball, women's soccer, and tennis. More Gators to come...it's a Gator Nation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment