Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympic Outrage.


Well, more Olympic controversy! I have to admit that I was very mad last night that Nastia Liukin was not sharing the gold medal on top of the podium with He Kexin of China. After all, their routines scored the exact same! There is definitely a flaw in the scoring system- and as a gymnastics judge, I feel confident in that! My heart broke for Nastia- however, she did claim the biggest metal of them all in Olympic gymnastics- the all around gold! It just seems that the Americans are getting ripped. Did you see vault event finals? Alicia Sacramone's vault not only soared over Chenf Fei, but she landed on her feet!! When I judge, if you don't land on your feet first, the vault is a void- a zero! Seemed to me that not only did Fei fall, but she did not land feet first. I honestly thought she was going to get a void vault- and then she medals?? There is a problem here! Whew- glad I got that out! Anyway, way to go team USA! Can't wait for balance beam finals tonight! And am I the only one staying up all night, every night, watching the Olympics? I gotta get some sleep! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment